IWAM is always looking for volunteers to help in different capacities.
Currently,Volunteer opportunities include:
- Directors of the Board
- Fundraising Committee Member
- Social Support Worker
Successful candidates will support Immigrant Women reach their goals in various capacities:
• Provide clients support during the drop in hours
• Provide and distribute program information to clients
• Receive and post community announcements and information
• Help clients with job search, resume making, interview skills and computer classes
• Performs other related duties as required
• Perform administrative duties.
• Completion of high school diploma.
• Post-secondary degree/diploma or completion social science from a recognized institution would be considered as an asset.
• Demonstrate practical knowledge of services available to immigrants in Manitoba.
• Demonstrate highly developed cultural competencies and interpersonal skills.
• A high level of clerical, administrative, organizational skills and abilities.
• Experience working with immigrants and newcomers
• Advanced proficiency of office computer software applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), internet-based applications, and database systems.
• Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to speak a second language will be considered an asset.
Please note this is a volunteer position and requires commitment
and Flexibility .
We thank all those who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted